Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Cosmo Film Festival (CFF), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
Submitting your film to the CFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
Films must have been completed between December 1st 2017 and December 30th, 2020.
Do not submit works in progress.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The film submitted to the CFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
3. A director / producer/ Festival agent may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
4. The CFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. The CFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The CFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. CFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All feature films submitted must be available for exhibition in one of the following formats: DCP (preferably unencrypted) or BLU-RAY. DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.
All short films submitted must be available for exhibition as a CFF-approved ProRes digital file. Short films will be transferred temporarily onto CFF’s secure and private hard drive system for presentation in one or more of our compiled short programs. BLU-RAY AND DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.For programming consideration, the festival only accepts online screeners (FilmFreeway or Vimeo via FilmFreeway). WE DO NOT ACCEPT DVD SUBMISSIONS.
All films must be submitted as either an online screener or Vimeo link for consideration. If links are password-protected, passwords must be valid through January 30, 2021 or your submission will be considered INVALID and will be DISQUALIFIED with no refund.
After submitting, please check your FilmFreeway account to make sure that your submission meets our requirements and is 'In Consideration'. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is given. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is given. Within one week after your submission date, you'll receive a confirmation email that we've received your submission, as well as any potential notifications of further information we need from you.